Thursday, March 17, 2011

L.Z. fabric outlet

I went to the CRAZY L.Z. discount fabric outlet today, in search of material to reupholster my new dining chairs.  Despite the enormous amount of fabric there -- a lot of which was old and not cute -- I didn't really find anything I liked.  But the place is a massive, surreal, true fabric warehouse.

At first, I was excited: row upon row of fabric; how could I NOT find something?!


But then I started to come upon room after room of stuff like this:



chaos.

The basement was like Silence of the Lambs.  Truly creepy:



In an act of desperation, I bought some blue fabric for $3.95 a yard, thinking it might work on my chairs, but when I brought it home, it was totally the wrong color.  I guess I'm only out $12, not the end of the world.

Later on in the day, Kevin and I went to Fishmans Fabrics, but we didn't find anything there, either.  This is how he felt about that:


Not too happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment