Sunday, March 20, 2011

new dining chairs: before and after

I recently bought some new dining chairs on craigslist to replace my old eames-style chairs.   Refurbishing (?? is that the right word?) them was a lot of fun, and they turned out just how I wanted.  Only problem is, they don't look that great around my table.  I might end up re-selling them now and looking for something else.  Hmmmm...

Anyway, here they are before:


Okay looking, but the seats were very stained and the finish had some scratches. 

Here's one of the chairs during the refinishing:


And here they are after!


 
Well, just two of them.  There are six total.  More pics:


I spray painted them off-white and covered the seat with this really pretty ikat fabric that's actually a duvet I got (on sale; lucky me) from West Elm.  I was looking for a pattern just like this, so I was lucky to find it.  


Love the greek key detail on the back:




Kevin approves!









No comments:

Post a Comment