Sunday, April 10, 2011

They're do-ne! New dining chairs: before and after

I finished my dining chairs about a week ago, but have only now gotten around to taking pictures and posting them.  Like most of my projects, they're not perfect, but I guess they look much improved, which is good.  The staining part of the project was okay, in the end, though I'll be the first to admit that I made a couple mistakes.  Still, though, for $200, a set of 6 matching chairs that are pretty unique isn't that bad of a deal, I guess.  What's clear now is that I need a new rug in the dining room, because it's way too brown/dull in there.  Again, here they are before:


And now here they are, after!


I reupholstered the seat cushions in the same ikat fabric that I had used for the other dining chairs that I bought, refinished, and then immediately resold.  I still really love the colors and pattern.






No comments:

Post a Comment