Monday, May 16, 2011

new window seat cushions: before and after

I know it's been a long time since I've posted design stuff on here, but I've been super busy and waiting on a few projects to be finished.  I've finally started getting some stuff reupholstered, including the (previously gross) cushions on my window seat.  Kevin pretty much destroyed the old cushions with his dirty paws, and, while I don't have a picture of the old ones per se, I do have a shot of Kevin sitting on them:

You can see that the cushions were super drab and dingy -- I inherited them from the previous owners of my condo.

I found this cool colorful oil cloth on eBay for $6.99/yard and an upholsterer on Yelp, too, (Upholstery by Jorge) who did a great, very fast job.  Here's the finished product -- I love how much more vibrant the cushions are now:



 The oil cloth looks a little greenish in the picture, but the background is actually light blue.  I picked this fabric so that Kevie's paws can't destroy the cushions now.  So far, he seems to like them!

1 comment: