Sunday, September 23, 2012

I think it's happening

Well, well, well.   I wrote in my last post that I may be moving soon, and I *think* it may actually be happening!  Don't want to jinx anything, but it looks like I have a buyer for my condo and my offer on a house was accepted a few months ago.  This is all super exciting and I'm already making tons of plans for how to decorate the new place.  I'm going to be looooooow on cash when I move in, since I had to sell my condo at a significant loss (piece of s--t real estate market), so that means no wallpaper and no fancy bathroom renovations like I did in my last place.  But I think I can still make some really fun changes with lots of paint, new cabinet hardware and faucets, new bathroom tile, etc.  

I've allowed myself a little room in my budget to buy a bit of new furniture, including two new chairs and a sofa for the living room (I'm thinking my current enormous sofa and yellow chairs will go in the basement to make a kind of home theater with a big ass television).   I'm already having some of these items delivered to my current condo so that when I move they can be taken directly to the new house - though the new sofa will be delivered directly to the new place.  I thought it might be fun to show you some pics of what's in store as everything arrives!

Here are pics of the new sofa and chairs.  Well, actually, that's a picture of the sofa in its loveseat version; I bought it at Macy's and they didn't have the full sofa out on the showroom floor, so imagine it slightly larger, with one extra seat cushion.  When I went to Macy's, it was to check out a specific sofa - a Martha Stewart couch with a Chesterfield silhouette - but when I walked by this one, I took a double take.  After looking at if for a few moments, I figured out why it caught my attention: it reminds me very much of a tufted leather chair that belonged to my grandfather when I was little.  I'm hoping that a leather couch with tufting will always look neat; I love my couch now but it's huge and always looks sloppy after someone's been sitting on it.  

The chairs are SUPER cool - the upholstery is this neat, nubby bright red wool/raw silk.  They're really different and I love the juxtaposition of the funky fabric with the classic French Provincial chair frame.




I will post more pictures as new items come in!  Hopefully everything goes well and I'm able to move in at the end of October!



5 comments:

  1. That couch is cute! The house is also totally adorable. I can't wait to see all of the changes you're going to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Priya! So nice of you to comment. Get ready for lots of posts in the next few months!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your house is so cute and I know you will have so much fun decorating it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alicia, thank you! Just checked out your blog - definitely planning on trying out one of those facial masks you just posted about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna! Congratulations! I am super excited for you and can't wait to see the place when we are in town in December (get the guest bedroom ready for a night with your favorite queers.)

    ReplyDelete