Thursday, September 27, 2012

some pictures before I go


I haven't started packing anything in my condo yet - I move in a little over a month, but will be out of town for the next two weekends and decided I'd put off packing up until after both of those trips.  In the interim before the big move, I thought I'd post some photos of rooms in my condo that I've never  really shown in their entirety here on this blog.  When I listed my place for sale, the real estate company sent a photographer over to take professional photos of the property, which look pretty nice, but are also weirdly stretched out (no doubt to make the rooms look larger than they are).  I asked my agent to send the pics to me, but be warned: the proportion and scale are a little off in the pics below.  Still, though, the lighting is good and the images are better than anything I seem to be able to produce with my crappy point and shoot camera from Target.  So without further ado, I bring you first...a photo of my office.


Again, the photo is clearly distorted (look at the clock and the lampshade on the yellow dresser, for goodness' sake!), but you can get a bit of an idea of what the room looks like.  The yellow dresser is this one that I stripped and re-painted and posted about here; bookshelves and desk are IKEA; chair is a knock off Chinese Chippendale I got from Pier One a few years ago and painted glossy white.  Now that I look at this picture again, it's so stretched out, you really can't get much of an idea of what the room really looks like.  Dammit.  I'm annoyed.  

OK, so let's give this another try, with two photos of my foyer:



Ugh - totally distorted again, but maybe you get the picture (no pun intended).  The front entryway was actually the subject of one of my very first posts, but from here you can see how it looks into the living room on one side, and also the hallway leading to the dining room on the other.  It really is a cute little foyer.  I will miss coming home to it!

More posts soon of any other photos I can salvage and that aren't too weirdly photoshopped!

No comments:

Post a Comment