Monday, October 1, 2012

photos of new kitchen

As I mentioned in my previous post, I really like the look of my kitchen in my current condo, and plan to make the kitchen in my new house look similar, with white cabinets and dark countertops.  In the case of my new place, the current countertops are black granite (which I can definitely work with - the counters in the bathrooms, which are this yucky brown/black granite, however, are a different story).  Since the main level of the new house is all one long room (living room leads into dining area, which leads to the kitchen, off to the side), I plan on painting the entire area a nice light blue-y green (to be specific, Behr's Cool Jazz, which I used to paint the backsides of my dining room bookshelves in my current place - though the color in these bookshelf photos looks a bit washed out; the blue is brighter in real life).  I think that nice light blue will look really pretty against the white kitchen cabinets, black countertops, and brass hardware.  Here are two photos of the current kitchen:




So yes, you can see that there is just way too much cherry going on in here.  Blech.  I need to do some research on how to best paint these cabinets out - the last thing I want is to do all the work of painting and then have them chip.  I know Danika Herrick at Gorgeous Shiny Things did a great job of painting her kitchen cabinets, so maybe I'll muster up the courage and send her a note and ask her how she did hers (talk about a lady with a lot of talent!).  I'm still trying to find some suitable ceiling light fixtures for the kitchen, but I did find some AWESOME brass nautical pendant lights from Home Depot for FIFTEEN DOLLARS EACH (on sale from $50/each) to hang over the breakfast bar thingie.  There is NOTHING like an amazing deal to make me feel happy happy happy.  Aren't they cute?!?!?!?!

                                                         

I have two of them in my possession, but am just posting a picture from online because they're in the box and I don't feel like opening it up and making a big mess.  

Exciting stuff!




1 comment:

  1. So excited to see these cabinets made over! Reminds me of the blog Young House Love.

    ReplyDelete