Wednesday, December 26, 2012

christmas nutcrackers - before & after

I posted some of my Christmas decorations yesterday, but wanted to add a before and after of those big nutcrackers I had on the credenza in my living room.   I saw them at Joann Fabrics a few weeks ago but they were $140 each.  Uh, I don't think so.  But I happened to be back at Joann a few days before Christmas and all the holiday stuff was on crazy discount, like, 70% off.  I was looking for a big "statement piece" (for lack of a better word) for the space in front of my living room window, and thought that these would be just the right size.  But the color scheme, as you'll see below, was just plain ugly (I'm not a huge fan of the green and red color palette for Christmas).  So I decided to spray paint them white lacquer, which made them super fresh, if I do say so myself!  Here's the before:


And again, here are some after shots!  Much fresher and crisper and more fun, I think!








1 comment: