Thursday, August 1, 2013

office progress

Making progress on the home office.  Got a new toy (big beautiful glossy Apple monitor) yesterday and am waiting for a loveseat to be delivered this weekend, which I plan to place opposite my work desk and computer.  Here are a few shots of the space in progress.  Apologies that they're a bit dark...with the windows open, they're backlit and I can't seem to get them much lighter on my camera.  The first shot was taken with my new iPhone, which has a cool panorama option on the camera - kind of dorky looking, but it's actually the brightest shot out of all that I took and gives you an idea of what's going on in this half of the room:


...plus, you get to see Mr. Kevin there in the foreground.  

But I really dislike how panoramic images distort the dimensions of the space.  Plus, there's so much backlighting behind the desk that you can barely make out the back of the room.  So here are some other shots - not the greatest, but they show what's happening in progress.  Hopefully the big reveal can come next week!




Got this little cabinet on craigslist and it's the PERFECT size for the room and my printer and stuff.  Love that it has two little drawers, too, for supplies.


Pretty vignette.  The blue lamps are from Target.


I DIY'ed this wall art myself!  Tutorial to come.

And, to whet your appetite further, here's a little sneak peek from my master bedroom dresser.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a post on that room done in the next week or two!



No comments:

Post a Comment