Tuesday, June 16, 2015

garden view + homemade pbj

So fun watching my garden grow this summer!








Also!  Been really getting into food and cooking lately.  I've always liked cooking (specifically baking) and have been relatively competent in the kitchen, but I'm branching out and getting more ambitious. Plus, I've been getting in the habit of making make my own staples like butter and yogurt instead of using store-bought.  I've made my own jams for several years, but recently I tried my hand at homemade peanut butter, which is the easiest thing ever to make: 16 oz. of peanuts (I used honey roasted) in the food processor for 4 minutes.  And that's it.  Add nothing.  The resulting PB is some of the most delicious I've ever had, and even better: the oil doesn't separate out, which is one of the things I've always disliked most about natural peanut butters.  How satisfying is this image?  Homemade peanut butter AND jelly!  So delicious.




No comments:

Post a Comment